Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finally, it's fall!

Although leaves were falling and the air was crisp much earlier in September, it wasn't until September 22nd that autumn had officially arrived. Perhaps that's why it took most of the stores I've visited this month waited until about now to put out their Halloween merchandise. It's funny how they feel it's okay to display the Halloween candy (complete with Halloween-themed packaging) out in August, but everything else is a no-no. I say if you're going to put out stuff early, you might as well go full tilt. I guess I've been spoiled by the dollar stores putting out their stuff before everyone else.

Similarly, Music Choice's "Sounds of the Seasons" channel finally started playing music related to a holiday. Granted, they're focusing on Oktoberfest, but at least they're actually playing something fall-related. Something tells me they won't wait as long to play Christmas music in November as they will to play Halloween music in October.

Remember Record Store Day? Well, it turns out that it has a movie-themed sequel: Record Store Day Filmfest. The filmfest runs from Octoiber 21st through October 27th, so head on down to your local record store for all kinds of cool contests and DVD deals. While I don't know if this is that case for a participating stores, but Newbury Comics is having 20% off used DVD sale in addition to putting discounts on select "new" titles. To see which stores are taking part, check out the official website.

Why didn't I write about this sooner? I'm afraid some issues that've arisen over the past two weeks have been keeping me away from the blog at a regular basis. Since I don't know when I'll have everything straightened out, I thought I'd post the final GdL post for September a bit early than I'd originally planned. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything resolved in time for the Halloween countdown. See you then!

No comments: